Serving Size: 3 Cups
- 1 1/3 Cup Walnut or Pecan Pieces
- 12 Cups Basil Leaves, loosely packed
- 8 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- In a food processor pulse the nuts, basil and garlic until nuts are crumbled and mixture is uniformly green.
- Set food processor to blend and steadily stream in olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Add the parmesan cheese and lemon juice and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into 1/2 cup ice cube molds and press plastic wrap over the surface of the mixture to seal out any air. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight and then transfer to freezer bags for long term storage!
- Defrost and use in place of store-bought pesto all year round!
…and here is a great, easy kale salad recipe. The lacinato kale you received in your share today is great, however, you can use any type of kale.